An angling rookie catches his first keeper with a little help from the pros
June 6, 2011
I was born and raised in Minnesota, the proverbial “Land of 10,000 Lakes.” My family cabin was on Sturgeon Lake, named after the massive bottom-feeders that anglers love to bring up from the deeps. You’d think, with a pedigree such as mine, that I would have a wall full of beautiful bass frozen forever in mid-leap. That I’d be able to fillet a walleye with one hand tied behind my back and my eyes closed.
Photo by Andy Bennett
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to Cabin Life magazine subscribers.
Already a subscriber to Cabin Life magazine?
If you are already a subscriber to Cabin Life magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an account you
will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only take a couple minutes.
Non-subscribers, Subscribe TODAY and save!
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get 8 issues PLUS these great online benefits:
- Unlimited access to the "Dream Cabins" section
- Access to our Grill Master recipes
- Unlimited access to our "Property & Finance" section
- Participate in our forums
- Post photos in our online galleries
- Comment on articles
- Receive our e-mail newsletter
- Manage your account online