Quick & Easy Gourmet: Chi Chi's Chicken Marbella
Published: March 1, 2009
“I use 4 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into large bite-size portions. It makes it much easier to serve, especially to children. I will add up to ½ cup of chicken broth, however, since I am not using entire chicken pieces as called for in the recipe.”
Photo by John and Tanya Bäck
What you Need:
- 4 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 head of garlic, pureed
- ¼ cup dried oregano
- Coarse black pepper to taste
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup virgin olive oil
- 1 cup pitted prunes
- ½ cup pitted Spanish olives
- ½ cup capers with a bit of juice
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chardonnay
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Combine chicken, garlic, oregano, pepper, vinegar, olive oil, prunes, olives, capers and bay leaves. Cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight.
2. Arrange chicken in single layer in 1 or 2 shallow baking pans. Pour marinade over top. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Pour white wine around chicken.
3. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour in a 350 degree oven, basting frequently.
4. Transfer chicken, prunes, olives and capers to serving platter.
5. Moisten with pan juices. Sprinkle generously with cilantro.
6. Reduce remaining juices and serve as a sauce.
* ORZO PASTA: This can be found in most grocery stores and is about the same size as a grain of rice. If you want to use rice instead, try wild rice or any variety of rice pilaf.
Look for this icon. This denotes premium subscriber content.
Learn more »
Register online for access to more valuable resource information.
Don't miss your connection to the reader forums, projects, photo galleries, and more.
Free Twice-Monthly E-Newsletter
Receive useful tips & inspiration from Cabin Life