Grilled Pineapple Salsa
Published: December 14, 2012
|This recipe is best served up alongside the chili-rubbed pork loin
featured in the February 2013 issue. The fresh sweetness is a perfect
complement to the spicy grilled pork. Makes 8 servings.|
1 red pepper
1 seeded and chopped jalapeno pepper
½ minced red onion
2 cloves minced garlic
2 peeled and segmented oranges
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons white vinegar
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1. Preheat grill to medium heat.
2. Peel and slice pineapple into quarter-inch planks. Grill pineapple slices for 3–4 minutes per side, turning once on each side. Remove from grill, cool and dice into quarter-inch cubes.
3. Place red pepper on grill for 5–6 minutes, until dark and charred. Turn and continue until pepper is charred on all sides. Place pepper in a bowl and cover it to steam for 20 minutes.
4. Peel, seed and chop red pepper.
5. In a medium-size bowl, combine pineapple, red and jalapeno peppers, red onion, garlic and oranges.
6. Add cilantro, olive oil, and white vinegar and mix well to incorporate all ingredients.
7. Season with salt and pepper and serve with chili-rubbed pork loin.