Grilled Chicken Quesadillas
Published: March 1, 2009
Folding large tortillas in half around the filling makes a quesadilla that’s much less likely to drip cheese onto the flames. You can also make these tortillas with a dollop of refried beans or black beans in place of the chicken.
Photo by John and Tanya Bäck
Makes 12 quesadillas, serves 4 to 6.
What you Need:
- 12 large flour tortillas, at room temperature
- Olive oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced small
- 1½ cups grated sharp cheddar, jack or pepper jack cheese
- 3 scallions, chopped fine
- Sour cream
1. Preheat a gas grill on high for 10 minutes with the lid closed, then turn it down to medium, or build a medium charcoal fire.
2. To make each quesadilla, brush one side of a tortilla with olive oil. Flip it over, and on the un-oiled side, sprinkle some chicken, cheese and scallion. Put a scant teaspoon of salsa in the middle of the filling, and fold the tortilla in half.
3. Lay on grill and cook for about 1 minute, then carefully flip with a large spatula and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until the exterior is browned and cheese is melting. Remove to a platter and keep warm.
4. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Register online for access to more valuable resource information.
Don't miss your connection to the reader forums, projects, photo galleries, and more.