Fruit Kebabs with Honey-Yogurt Sauce
Published: May 1, 2009
Chunks of fresh pineapple and strawberries are beautiful on a skewer, but the refreshing yogurt sauce makes this a breakfast dish. Soak wood skewers in cold water for 20 minutes before using.
Photo by John and Tanya Bäck
Serves 4 to 6.
What you Need:
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey (more to taste)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 small pineapple, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled (cut large ones in half)
- 8-10 wooden skewers
- Vegetable oil
1. Preheat a gas grill on medium with the lid down for 10 minutes or prepare a medium charcoal fire.
2. Mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Taste and add more honey if desired.
3. Thread chunks of pineapple and strawberries alternately on the skewers. Brush the fruit lightly with vegetable oil and brush the grill rack with oil too.
4. Lay the skewers over direct heat. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until the fruit is just softening and has grill marks on all sides.
5. Remove the skewers to a platter and either spoon the sauce over the skewers or serve the sauce on the side for dipping.
Look for this icon. This denotes premium subscriber content.
Learn more »
Register online for access to more valuable resource information.
Don't miss your connection to the reader forums, projects, photo galleries, and more.
Free Twice-Monthly E-Newsletter
Receive useful tips & inspiration from Cabin Life