Quick & Easy Gourmet: Pam's Trifle
Published: June 1, 2009
|“I’ve tried this lots of ways, with different flavors of pudding, some bananas – but in this version the juice from the strawberries seemed to seep into the cake with the pudding, which I love. It serves 9-12, but in our family, that’s more like 6.”|
– Pam Bennett
What you Need:
- 1 box yellow cake mix (or use frozen cake, like Sara Lee’s)
- 1 large box of vanilla instant pudding (about 5 ounces)
- 1 pound frozen strawberries, with juice
- 1 pint blueberries
- Whipped cream or a container of Cool Whip
- Bake yellow cake according to package directions. Let cool. If using frozen cake, let thaw and ... well, skip the baking.
- Cut the cake into quarters, then slice each quarter lengthwise until you have something resembling lady fingers.
- Arrange the cake slices vertically in the glass, making sure they touch at the bottom, forming a sort of inverted pyramid.
- Make the pudding according to package directions. Spread a layer of pudding on the cake slices on the bottom of the glass.
- Spread a layer of strawberries and blueberries on top of the pudding, allowing some of the strawberry juice to seep into the cake.
- Repeat these layers until the parfait glass is filled, then place in the refrigerator to chill overnight.
- Top with whipped cream and serve.
Look for this icon. This denotes premium subscriber content.
Learn more »
Free Twice-Monthly E-Newsletter
Receive useful tips & inspiration from Cabin Life