Published: April 16, 2014
|I like to keep burgers simple. Try to use the freshest and best ingredients you can find to make the best burger. Good ground beef (80/20 leanness), nice thick bacon, and great cheddar cheese make this cheeseburger even better. Enjoy! |
Makes 6 servings.
|1½ pounds ground beef|
1½ teaspoons Montreal Steak Seasoning
2 diced slices of cheddar cheese
¼ cup mayonnaise
½ teaspoon garlic powder
Juice of half a lemon
1 teaspoon chopped parsley
Pinch of salt
6 slices cheddar cheese
6 seeded hamburger buns
12 cooked slices of bacon
6 pieces green leaf lettuce
2 sliced tomatoes
1. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, Montreal Steak Seasoning and diced cheddar cheese. Mix thoroughly and form into 6 patties, about 4 ounces each.
2. In another bowl, combine mayonnaise, garlic powder, lemon juice, parsley and salt. Mix and allow to sit for 20–30 minutes.
3. Rub grill grid with vegetable oil using a brush or paper towel. In addition, brush oil on each burger to further prevent sticking to the grid. Heat grill to medium-high heat.
4. Place burgers on grill and cook for 3–4 minutes. Turn burgers a quarter turn and cook an additional 2–3 minutes. (TIP: Never press down on a burger with a spatula when it's on the grill; this pushes out the flavorful juices.)
5. Flip burgers and cook for 3–4 minutes. Turn burgers one more quarter turn and cook 2–3 minutes.
6. Place a slice of cheese on each burger and allow it to melt, 1–2 minutes with the grill covered.
7. Place burger buns on grill and toast for 20–30 seconds, or until golden brown.
8. Place 1 tablespoon of garlic mayo, made earlier, on bottom of each bun. Place cheeseburger on top of bun and top each with 2 pieces of cooked bacon.
9. Serve with green leaf lettuce and sliced tomatoes.