Ginger Grilled Tuna Steak
Published: February 1, 2008
What you Need:|
1 package soba noodles (a thin Japanese buckwheat noodle, or substitute angel hair pasta)
- 11/2 pounds tuna steaks, about 1-inch thick
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely minced ginger
- 1/4 cup miso thinned with
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 scallions, or other chopped vegetables for garnish
1. Place the tuna in a gallon-size zipper-lock bag. Add the soy sauce and the ginger and seal.Turn the bag to coat the tuna well, and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
2. Cook the soba noodles according to package directions, then douse them with cold water, drain, and place them on a serving platter.
3. Preheat a gas grill for 10 minutes on high or prepare a medium-hot charcoal fire. Remove the fish from the marinade and pat dry with a paper towel. Place tuna on the grill rack directly over the heat and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
4. Brush tuna with the miso and cook 1 minute on each side, so that the miso coating is just seared but not burnt off. Place on top of the noodles and sprinkle with garnish. Serve immediately.