Gas Grill Special: Lemon Shrimp Skewers
Published: July 1, 2009
|If you can’t find fresh bay leaves, just leave them out. These skewers make a great appetizer with a glass of white wine.|
Serves 6 to 8.
What you Need:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds jumbo shrimp
- 2 whole lemons, cut in ¼-inch slices
- 16-20 fresh bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
1. In a zipper-lock bag, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper, and marinate the shrimp at least 1 hour, or up to overnight. Soak 8 to 10 bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
2.When ready to cook, preheat the gas grill on medium with the lid down for 10 minutes.
3. Prepare the skewers by alternating shrimp with slices of lemon and bay leaves. Brush with additional olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Lay on the grill over direct heat and cook about 2 to 3 minutes per side, until the shrimp are pink and opaque
Register online for access to more valuable resource information.
Don't miss your connection to the reader forums, projects, photo galleries, and more.