Making pizza on the grill is a fun and quick way to cook at the cabin. The grill gives pizza crust a crisp and unique flavor. Try turning an old classic, a BLT sandwich, into a pizza next time the gang is together. Use a flatbread or pita shell and add your favorite crispy bacon. Top it with fresh lettuce, tomato and a drizzle of ranch dressing. Makes 4 pizzas.
4 tablespoons pizza or tomato sauce 4 flatbread or pita shells 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese ½ cup diced tomato 8 cooked and chopped bacon pieces Kosher salt Black pepper 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce ¼ cup ranch dressing
1. Spray grill with vegetable spray to season and then preheat it to medium-high heat. Only light half the grill to use it as an oven.
2. Spread 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce evenly over one flatbread or pita shell. Sprinkle 1 ounce of mozzarella cheese over it, leaving about a quarter-inch edge for crust. Add half an ounce of cheddar cheese and spread evenly.
3. Top with 1 tablespoon of diced tomatoes and 2 pieces of chopped, crisp bacon. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and a pinch of black pepper.
4. Repeat with remaining three flatbreads or pita shells.
5. Place pizzas on grill over heat and cook for 1–2 minutes. Turn them a half turn and grill another 1–2 minutes.
6. Place pizzas on the side of the grill with no heat. Close lid and cook for 3–4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
7. Remove pizzas from grill and top with lettuce and an additional tablespoon of fresh tomatoes. Drizzle ranch dressing over the top of the pizzas in a crisscross pattern and serve.