The Big Attraction
At an elevation of 6,804 feet, this mountain area is a four- season paradise, with brilliant blue skies, the world’s largest Ponderosa pine forest, crystal- clear waters and over 200 miles of trails.
- Spring & Summer- Summertime really is the best time to visit with average n temperatures in the mid 70s and a host of fun- filled activities. Anglers and water and enthusiasts are drawn in the summer to roughly 50 alpine lakes and 800 miles of cold, refreshing rivers and streams.
- Autumn – Nature lovers enjoy great opportunities in the fall to witness the leaves changing colors, spot abundant wildlife, and enjoy hiking and mountain biking trails.
- Winter – Pinetop-Lakeside cabin-goers enjoy sledding, snowboarding and world-class alpine and Nordic skiing in the winter. Sunrise Park Resort receives approximately 200 inches of snowfall during an average winter.
- Pintetop-Lakeside is a quilter’s haven, hosting many quilting retreats.
- In 2015, Cabin Living posed this question to its readers and followers: What is the best location in the U.S. for cabin living? We chose 32 different areas from across the U.S., including high-profile destinations like the Adirondacks of New York and South Lake Tahoe, Calif., to go head- to-head in a bracket-style contest. Cabin enthusiasts voted for their favorites until one region was crowned the “Best Cabin Region in the U.S.” The winner? Pinetop- Lakeside, Ariz.
See also A Day at the Lake
Highlights include Run to the Pines Car Show, now in its 35th year, The Annual Fall Festival (43 years) and the High Moun- tain Beer & Music Festival. For more info: pinetoplakeside.com/event-calendar
Charlie Clark’s Steakhouse is the seventh oldest steakhouse in Arizona. In the mood for a micobrew? Check out Pinetop Brewing Co.
Buying a Cabin or Lake Home Here
Here’s an example of a cabin for sale* in this area: Remarkable full log cabin in the heart of Pinetop. Close to town yet serenity in the tall pines! The photos don’t begin to embrace the amazing detail of the log features and the beauty of this cabin. Situated on a quiet dead end street with a large ravine to the side to assure no other neighbors. Two replaces, in master and great room, both gas, for ease and beauty. Master has a private entrance to large front deck. Open entertainment from kitchen, dining to 2-story- high large windows in the great room with ceiling- to- oor majestic rock replace. The artistic staircase is inspiring. Outdoor living space is remarkable (both front and side yard). Price: $650,000; Sq ft: 2,485; Bedrooms: 4 plus loft; Baths: 3.5; Acreage: 1.47. * Listing courtesy Home Smart Professionals, theboboteam.com
. This listing was active when this issue of Cabin Living went to press.
Resources for this Cabin Country Article
Pintetop-Lakeside Chamber of Commerce, pinetoplakesidechamber.com
; Town of Pinetop-Lakeside, visitpinetoplakeside.com TELL US! Is your area a great place for cabin living? Tell your editors why your area should be featured; email them today – firstname.lastname@example.org