Makes 5 cups
Total time: about 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 lb. white potatoes, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sweet gherkins (whole baby pickles), chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 2 T. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 T. prepared yellow mustard
- 1 t. sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Boil potatoes and eggs in salted water just until potatoes are tender, 12–15 minutes; drain. Set eggs aside to cool. Toss hot potatoes with pickle juice in a bowl, then cool to room temperature.
Peel eggs, slice into 1/4"-thick rounds, and add to potatoes.
Combine remaining ingredients in a second bowl, pour over potatoes and eggs, and stir gently to coat. Serve cold or room temperature.
Per cup: 308 calories; 57% calories from fat; 19g total fat; 31g carb.; 383mg sodium; 3g fiber; 7g protein