Recipe courtesy of Cuisine at Home
Makes 8 servings (about 8 cups)Total time: about 11/4 hours
2 bottles dry red wine (such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, or Malbec)
- 11/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 2 cinnamon sticks (2–3 inches)
- Peels and juice of 2 oranges
- 15 allspice berries
- Combine wine, brown sugar, brandy, orange liqueur, 2 cinnamon sticks, orange peels, and orange juice in a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- Tie allspice and cloves in cheese-cloth; add to slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and heat on high or low setting until hot, but not boiling, and spice flavors infuse, about 1 hour; reduce heat to warm. Discard orange peels and spice sachet.
- Serve mulled wine warm; garnish servings with cinnamon sticks.
Per serving: 373 cal; 0g total fat (0g sat); 0mg chol; 12 mg sodium; 49g carb; 0g fiber; 0g protein