Recipe Courtesy of Cuisine at Home
See also Halal-style Chicken with White Sauce
Makes: 4 chicken breasts, 8 cups salad
Total time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 T. sugar
- 1 T. unsalted butter
- Salt to taste
Whisk Together; Drizzle in:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup fresh raspberries, divided
- 2 T. honey
- 2 T. chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 T. shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Pound out; Combine and Grill:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 oz. each)
- 1 T. honey
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 peaches, halved, pitted
- 8 cups mesclun salad mix (4 oz.)
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Toast almonds in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until golden.
- Add sugar, butter, and salt, and stir until sugar dissolves and coats almonds. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Whisk vinegar, 1/4 cup raspberries, 2 T. honey, tarragon, shallots, and salt together in a bowl.
- Drizzle in 1/4 cup oil, whisking constantly. Set 1/2 cup vinaigrette aside for marinating chicken; reserve remaining vinaigrette for tossing with the salad.
Pound out chicken breasts in a large resealable plastic bag to 1/2" thick; marinate chicken in 1/2 cup vinaigrette, 15 minutes.
- Combine 1 T. honey and 1 T. oil and brush onto peach halves. Remove chicken from marinade, season with salt and pepper, and grill until cooked through, 3–4 minutes per side.
- Grill peaches until lightly marked, about 3 minutes per side.
- Just before serving, toss mesclun with remaining vinaigrette, then serve over chicken.
- Garnish with glazed almonds and remaining raspberries.
Raspberry Chicken with Grilled Peaches