Makes: 4 halves
Total time: about 2 hours
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 T. each chopped fresh rosemary, parsley, and garlic
- 1 T. kosher salt
- 1 T. black pepper
- Preheat 1 side of grill to medium-high, leaving the other side unlit.
- Pulse all ingredients (except chicken) in a food processor.
- Prepare chicken as shown, left, rub with herb mixture, and let stand at least 1 hour. Place chicken on the indirect (unlit) section of the grill, breast side up, and roast until it reaches 165° in the breast on an instant read thermometer, about 25 minutes per pound.
- Rotate pieces every 30 minutes for even cooking.
- Remove chicken from grill and let rest 10 minutes before serving.