We happen to love olives and feta on our pizzas – but feel free to create your own interesting combinations. For instance, smoked gouda cheese, fontina and havarti make for an interesting treat!
Serves 2-4.What you Need:
- 1 package pizza dough mix
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup black and/or green olives, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup white onion, minced
- 1/2 cup baby portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 aluminum pie tin
- Apply peanut oil to the bottom and sides of an aluminum pie tin.
- Prepare pizza dough per package directions and spread the dough in the bottom and up the sides of the pie tin.
- Place sauce over dough. Layer mozzarella and cheddar cheese, then vegetables and finally top with the feta cheese.
- Place pizza in Dutch oven, cover and place on approximately 12-14 evenly spread hot coals. Then place another even layer of 12-14 hot coals on top of the lid.
- Cook for approximately 15-25 minutes. Don’t be afraid to slide the cover off (using thick hot pads) occasionally, in order to check the progress. Keep in mind that times will vary considerably due to the outside temperature