This Tex-Mex variation on the typical hot dog makes them into food that’s not just for the kids. Buy the thinnest sliced bacon you can find and avoid maple- and brown sugar-flavored versions; the sugar is more likely to burn on the grill. Makes 8 dogs.What You Need:
- 1 package hot dogs (8 dogs)
- 8 slices thin-cut bacon
- 8 hotdog buns (your choice of white, wheat, etc.)
- Salsa and sour cream
1. Preheat a gas grill on high for 10 minutes with the lid closed. While the grill is preheating, wrap each hot dog tightly with 1 strip of bacon, spiraling around the length of the frankfurter.
2. Reduce the grill to medium and place the hot dogs over direct heat. Grill for 7 to 8 minutes, moving the hot dogs around frequently to prevent burning, until browned on all sides. For the last few minutes of grilling, open the buns and lay them face down over indirect heat to warm and lightly toast.
3. Serve with salsa and sour cream for each diner to spoon over the hot dogs in the buns.