What better way to rise and shine than with a freshly made cinnamon sugar muffin? Though it is easy to make, it is perfection in its simplicity. Makes one 12–16-ounce mug serving.
4 teaspoons granulated sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons beaten egg
1 tablespoon milk
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
? teaspoon salt
1. In a small bowl or cup, combine sugar and ground cinnamon until blended.
2. In the mug (sprayed with nonstick cooking spray), microwave butter on high for 15–30 seconds or until melted. Using a fork, whisk in egg, milk, vanilla and half the cinnamon sugar. Still using the fork, beat in flour, baking powder and salt until smooth. Sprinkle batter with remaining cinnamon sugar.
3. Microwave on high for 1–2 minutes (checking at 1) or until center is just set. Let cool slightly or entirely in mug. Eat directly from mug or gently remove to a small plate.
- Blueberry Muffin: Add 6–8 blueberries to the batter after mixing.
- Cranberry Orange Muffin: Add 1½ tablespoons dried cranberries and ½ teaspoon grated orange zest with the egg.
- Gluten-Free Cinnamon Sugar Muffin: Use almond flour in place of the all-purpose flour. Make sure the baking powder is gluten free.