- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 graham crackers)
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- Egg and oil, as called for on the cake mix box
- 1 (12-ounce) bag chocolate chips
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter. Mix well. Press the graham cracker mixture evenly into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the instructions on the box. Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips. Pour the cake mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or until the cake is set. Scatter the marshmallows and the remaining chocolate chips over the cake and let melt before serving.
Recipe and photo used with permission from Slow Cooker Family Favorites by Maggie Shi, The Countryman Press (countrymanpress.com), a division of W. W. Norton & Company, Inc. (wwnorton.com), 2016. All rights reserved. Photos by Jonathan Meter.